Fort Myers Regional Library Genealogy Resources
Shelf List Categories
- General Reference (001 through 899),
- Geography (901.9 through 917.8),
- Family Histories (929.2),
- General Genealogy Reference (920 through 929.9, excluding 929.2 Family Histories),
- The United States and World History (940 through 999),
- Individual State Reference Books, and
- International Reference Books.
Due to shelving constraints in our genealogy room, some of the Florida materials listed in this section are currently shelved in the Florida Reference section which is located on the 2nd-floor in Adult Reference. Items that have been transferred are identified by the following phrase in the individual entry: “Note: Shelved in Florida Reference.” If you need assistance in locating this area, any 2nd-floor reference staff member will be happy to direct you to the area.
At times you will see “n.c.d.” used in a book description. This abbreviation stands for “no copyright date.”
Don’t forget to check out the library’s separate listing for their Electronic Resources for your genealogy research.
This shelf list is for personal use only. The reproduction of this list for commercial use is strictly prohibited!